Di’s Buffalo Wings
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 13 minutes
Ready in – 55 minutes
Servings – 12
- Chicken drumettes – 24
- Buttermilk – 2cups
- Oil – 4 cups, for frying
- Unbleached all-purpose flour – 2/3 cup
- Cornmeal – 2/3 cup
- Coarse salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – ¼ teaspoon, to taste
- Garlic powder – ½ teaspoon, divided
- Onion powder – ¼ teaspoon, to taste
- Italian-style seasoning – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter – 1 stick
- Hot pepper sauce – 1 cup
- The first step to preparing this dish is to select a large bowl. The chicken drumettes and the buttermilk should then be added to it. The chicken drumettes should be soaked in the butter milk for about 30 minutes.
- Next, a deep fryer should be selected and oil should be heated in it at a temperature of 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Next, a medium sized bowl should then be selected cornmeal and flour should be added and sifted together to attain a smooth mix. Also, black pepper, cayemme pepper, garlic powder , onion powder, coarse salt and Italian style dressing should be added to this mixture.
- Then, the drumettes should be dipped in the flour mixture and placed in the hot oil to fry for about 12 to 13 minutes. They should be fried until they become golden brown. The drumettes should then be removed from the oil and drained on paper towels.
- Next, select a medium sized saucepan and melt butter in it over a low heat. Add in the hot pepper sauce to blend. Then remove from the heat/flame and use this as a dip for the fried drumettes. Your drumettes are ready to be served. Serve some drinks along with it. Enjoy